суббота, 17 мая 2014 г.

How to lighten hair naturally 3. Well-known natural lighteners.

   Here's my experience with tradional well-known hair lighteners.
1. Honey.
 I have used honey a lot and in many ways, combined int with conditoner, water, lemon juice or vinegar. I left it i my hair for 3-4 hours. I took a long period of 2 months to use honey lightening. But with my hair type all I could get was half a tone lift, 0,5 hair colour level. There was a golden shimmer. Now I use honey, but rarely, on combination with other lighteners.
2. Chamomile. 
 I haven't tried chamomile yet, the information was so contradictory and controversial. From what I read it's a mild lightener, it can lighten and it can give a yellow tint. Probably it won't give much to darker hair colors. Still, I haven't tried it myself and I don't know for sure.
3. Lemon juice.
 It really works and it works without the sun. It lightens very gradually. I used it a lot. People who say that it works only with the sun mean that it doesn't lighten as much as it does in the sun. It's very popular lightener with the sun, but keep in mind that it WILL work without the sun, the results will be milder and more gradual. I put it in my hair for 1-3 hours. I think even 1 hour will be enough. You can also leave in your hair for the night. Apply lemon juice on clean damp or dry hair. You can leave it for the night if you like. I used pure lemon juice, and I recommend squeezing juice from fresh lemons. It's one of the best natural hair lighteners.
I also used bottled juice in combinations with ascorbic acid and alcohol. But I recommend fresh juice, it;s much better. Its easy to squeeze it with your hands and fingers, it takes some minutes.
4. Cinnamon.
I added maybe about 1 or 2 tablespoons to my conditioner-honey concoction a couple of times, but it made no big difference for me. I kept it in my hair for about 3 hours. But I did reseach, there are a lot of "successful stories" of using cinnamon. And you need really a lot of it. So I think I'll give it a try for a change some day. Still, what I don't like about using cinnamon, is that you should leave it in your hair for so many hours to get maybe a very subtle result, and maybe repeat the treatment more and more times.
Still, there are as much subtle results or even weak, as there are succesful stories. If your hair is soft and susceptible, sentitive, maybe this works for you. If I try, I'll write about it.
5. Kefir, or yoghurt.
It won't work if you don't use it regularly. I combined these with essential oils, kept this in my hair for 3 hours. It's nice, you can ealily leave this in you hair overnight. I didn't use it much, but some people said it works and lightens natural hair. I'll say it does, but not as much as lemon juice or citric acid mask. Takes more tome took keep in your hair. Still, kefir and youghurt work to lighten your hair.
6. Vinegar.
Vinegar is a great thing to lighten hair, I used it a lot, used it pure, with essential oils, with salt, with lemon juice. It lightens hair as much as lemon juice does. But it's very smelly, some in you family may not like it...) The good thing about the smell is that it is aired out, and there's no smell when you rinse. And no matter what type you use, apple cider vinegar or white/red wine vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is cheaper.
7. Rhubarb.
Rhubarb is not sold in our stores in Russia, in Moscow. Sometimes it's grown in people's gardens. However, you can find it in a couple of Russian online shops. It's a rarity, I haven't tried it.
8. Mixture of all ingredients.
All the ingredients I mention here can be mixed with each other.
9. Lemon essential oil.
I added lemon essential oil a lot, a whole bottle to my acidic hair mask, or some drops in combination with other essential oils. Well, I had the impression it added some more shimmer in comparison to the mask without it, and yes it works. I tested it without very acidic concoction, in kefir and youghurt, it should dissolve well, and it lightens a bit. (I kept it in my hair for three hours.)

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий